Notice is hereby given that a meeting for the election of parents to the Governing Body of the above School will take place as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 23 March 2021
Place: School Hall
Nomination forms are available at reception. Nominations may be submitted in writing to the electoral officer or given verbally at the meeting. All nominations must have a proposer and seconder.
Time will be allocated prior to the commencement of the election for nominations to be made at the election meeting. (max 5 minutes)
Eligibility of Parents as Members of the Pinetown Girls’ High School Governing Body (extract from the regulations based on KwaZulu-Natal Education Act 3/96):
No member may be elected as a Governing Body member if he/she:
- has been convicted of an offence and sentenced to more than 12 months Imprisonment without the option of a fine either in the Republic or outside the Republic, if the conduct of constituting the offence would have been an offence in the Republic, but no one may be regarded as having been sentenced until an appeal against the conviction or sentence has been determined, or until the time for an appeal has expired: provided that a disqualification under this paragraph ends five years after the sentence has been completed.
- is of unsound mind and has been declared so by a competent court.
- is an un-rehabilitated insolvent.
- is not a South African citizen and not in possessions of a permanent resident permit unless permitted by the Secretary of Education.
- is a parent but no longer has a child enrolled at the school.
- Written nominations will be accepted up until 12:00 23 March 2021. Nomination forms can be collected from the front office. An “Acceptance of Nomination” form must also be filled in by the nominee, and these can also be collected from the front office. With each nomination, the proposer and seconder to give reasons for their nomination.
- Should the nominee NOT be able to attend the meeting, then a “Nomination Form for Absent Person” should be filled out. These too, can be collected from the front office.
At the meeting –
- verbal nominations will be permitted on condition that the nominee, proposer and seconder are present;
- either the proposer or seconder, will be given an opportunity to ‘present’ their candidate. This presentation should not exceed two (2) minutes.
PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ATTEND THIS MEETING AS WE MUST HAVE A QUORUM OF PARENTS FOR ELECTIONS TO TAKE PLACE FAILING WHICH A SECOND MEETING WILL BE CALLED ON TUESDAY, 30 MARCH 2021.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU BRING YOUR ORIGINAL I.D. DOCUMENT OR DRIVERS’ LICENCE TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE MEETING.
Miss S P Njapha PRINCIPAL
Address of School: P O Box 1153 PINETOWN 3600